Monday, June 18, 2007

Almost packed. Almost


Piles of...ah...stuff on my unmade bed.


Bike and accessories all boxed up.

Plane ticket and Passport in hand. 6 days to Ironman.

How do you say "where's the bathroom" on Swiss German!

Many many thanks to you all for checking in on me and all your encouragement. Hugs and kisses to the ladies. Hand shakes and rump slaps to the guys.

#1961, Ironman Zurich.

15 comments:

rocketpants said...

Check, make lists, check them off 5 times!! Well at least for the really important things...like bike stuff.

Fun...good luck...you'll rock the house.

Sixteen Chickens said...

Go 1961! I'm sure that was a good year for wine... somewhere.

No Wetsuit Girl said...

Can't help you on "Where's the bathroom", but BE SURE TO BRING YOUR OWN NUTRITION! I'm sure Switzerland is better than Spain, but you never know, a lot of the brands are different out here. But then again, I'm sure you already thought of that. Good luck! Leave some room in that suitcase for souveneers, like, say, 500 t-shirts for all your friends, family, training partners, co-workers, whoever you meet on the plane, neighbors, the paper boy...

LBTEPA said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

just in case you've never done an international IM, my best words of advice to you are...

BRING YOUR OWN NUTRITION. they don't sell stuff you're used to overseas and you might end up having to eat nutella sandwiches on the bike. not that i know anything about that... :)

in any case, have a great time and good luck!

Anonymous said...

oh, just saw that someone else wrote the same thing...funny...but maybe it'll help you do it, eh? :)

Benson said...

Thanks all. I'm all packed, boxed and yes, I'm bringing my favorite food items including peanutbutter. off to the airport in moments. very excited now.

brendaj said...

Looks like you're set! Say hi to Zurich for me...what a beautiful city.

Unknown said...

go get 'em

Bree said...

I can't believe it's nearly time already. You will rock it!
Can't wait to read the race report. Go get 'em!

No Wetsuit Girl said...

You're probably IN Zurich right now, we're practically neighbors! Just wanted to give you one final good luck before your race! I'm sure you'll do great! I look forward to reading about it!

No Wetsuit Girl said...

13:33:30!

I've been watching you all day! Congratulations! I hope it's sweeter than you imagined!

(Did I ever tell you that my lucky number is 13?)

Congratulations again!

LBTEPA said...

congratulations Iron Benson!

rocketpants said...

Way.To.Go!!! Congrats on the finish! Looking forward to the race report.

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

Where's the race report?!