I know it's kinda boring to just post workouts I've done and probably even more boring for others to read. But, it keeps me honest.
You may notice I don't have much running in my training yet. I'm almost over a minor knee injury and a foot issue so the runs will slowly pick up in the next few weeks.
Tuesday. (day 5, IMCA Training)
60 min aerobic bike on trainer with new bike!
5 min wu
4 sets alternating big ring and small ring in 15 tooth gear.
(3 min. big at 90-100 rpms. 60 sec. ez. 3 min small at 100-110 rpms. 60 sec ez)
5 min cool down.
I had a hard time keeping up the rpms and staying in aerobic zone so I shifted easier to the 17 and 19 tooth at times to keep my heart rate down.
6:30 PM
60 min Fitness Yoga class at the YMCA (challenges strength, flexibility and balance)
Wednesday (day 6).
Swim. 500 wu. stokes of choice (alternated freestyle and backstroke)
2 sets of 5x50 stroke drills (various stroke and kick drills).
100 FAP (fast as possible)(rest 20 sec)
400 @ 7:20 (made it on 6:39)
100 FAP (rest 20 sec)
300 @ 5:30 (made it on 4:55)
100 FAP (rest 20 sec)
200 @ 3:50 (made it on 3:35)
100 FAP (rest 20 sec)
100 non freestyle ez
3x100 kick @ 2:30
4x50 nf @ 1:10
100 ez
3,000 total. 75 minutes.
4 comments:
Sounds like you're doing a lot even if you're not running!
love my pilates...really balances out the other stuff..as your yoga does
as soon as my foot allows - i'm back to yoga, it made such a difference for me!
we have a "fitness yoga" type class at our gym - they call it yoga for jocks. :-) they work a lot on hamstrings and quads and hip flexors, just what i need!
Oh my god! I just put together that IMCA is NOT Ironman Canada. Way to go with another lightbulb moment.
Anyway, I'm glad your foot and leg stuff are feeling better and that you and the lovely lady got some quality time together.
Post a Comment